Under the ageis of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, a Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) was set up under the management of Satpuda Vikas Mandal, Pal on August, 1st 1984. This NGO is chaired by Hon’ble Shri. Balasaheb Madhukarrao Chaudhari, Ex-Chairman of Legislative Assembly, of Maharashtra State.
The Host Institute is working in remote tribal area since 1949 in the field of education, health, infrastructure development, agriculture and subsidiary occupation, cottage industries more particularly for tribal people.
Objectives of KVK
- To improve productivity in Agriculture and allied enterprises.
- To generate employment for rural youths in agriculture, agriculture based and non-farm sector.
- To uplift rural community socio-economically.
Mandates of KVK
- To collaborate with the scientists of Regional Agricultural Research Station in “On Farm” Testing, refining and documenting technologies for developing location specific sustainable land use systems.
- To organize front line demonstrations in various crops to generate production data, to popularize new varieties and new technologies.
- To conduct long term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the rural youth with emphasis on “learning by doing” for generating self-employment through institutional financing.
- To organize training programmes for practicing farmers, farm women and extension personnel to update the advances in agricultural research and technology.
Programmes of Krishi Vigyan Kendra
- Organic Farming
- Nursery of different plants.
- Water management.
- Seed production.
- Cultivation of aromatic and medicinal plants.
- Upgradation of local cattle with Nimar breed.
- Different activities for women empowerment.
- FLD in oilseed, pulses and other crops.
- Agricultural distance education through Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University.
- Agricultural Technological Information Center.
For more information, visit KVK